Oh, summer! I have a long mental list of summer sewing projects. Of course, I meant to start on them before the hot weather hit, but here we are right in the middle of summer, and I am just now starting on summer sewing projects. This past week, I was able to tick off a few sewing projects on the top of my list.
I was hoping to finish making a new summer hat for H. before she went off to camp in Vermont, but that didn’t happen. I’ve had the Betz White Cadet Cap pattern for while, so it was nice to finally dig it up and use it. For the main part of that hat, I used twill from Lisette. I used a lovely pale green floral print from the Liberty of London’s Bloomsbury collection for the band and lining. I was able to finish it in time for H. to bring pack it and wear it during her week-long vacation with my lovely in-laws.
I used the rest of the Liberty of London Stile to make a Wiksten tank for one of my sisters-in-law.
Finally, I made yet another Staple Dress using voile from Anna Maria Horner’s Loulouthi collection. This time with the dropped hem. I added 5 lines of shirring to make the waist fit a bit better. Even though I love the pockets, I think the next time around, I’ll make one without the pockets since they make the dress poof out ever so slightly in the hip area.