I suppose the sole benefit of having to take an unexpected day off from work due to an act of vandalism is that I get to do a little day-time sewing. It is extremely rare that I get time alone at home, but in between making phones calls, filing various reports and walking the kids to and from school, I was able to pull out my abandoned Anna tunic dress and finish it yesterday. A few months back, I splurged and purchased a few yards of the Purple Flowers print by Liberty of London from the Tana Lawn line. I adore Liberty of London fabric and wish I could indulge more often. For the lining, I used the same sateen cotton fabric I used to make this bubble dress.
The dress turned out to be a bit too big. I will readily admit my alterations skills are lacking, so after a few hours spent tweaking the dress, I ended up taking in the waist and leaving it blousey up top. (Please ignore the messy unmade guest bed in the background. I was in the midst of changing the sheets)
For the back, I covered buttons using some leftover fabric. The back closure is my favorite part of the entire dress.
This was the first time I ever used an Amy Butler pattern. Overall, I liked it and would like to make the tunic or mini-dress version of this pattern. I may try it without the lining the next time around.
Now that things at work are settling down and I am able go back to my normal level of busyness, I’m hoping to be able to get back to more nightly knitting and sewing.