Hard to believe that H. is starting at her “big” school today and that J. will be at Montessori school without her. To make the transition a bit easier for both of them, I made them bunny buddies using leftover yarn.
H. has named hers “Pom Pom.” J. named his “Vaca.” I think that may be the first Spanish word I have heard J. say. He know’s his new buddy is a bunny, but he still likes to say is it a cow.
Today, H. choose to wear the Birthday Party Dress uniform version I made for her.
I must admit I am still a bit tearful since this is such a big milestone. It has given me a chance to reflect on a few of my favorite things about H. and J.:
- H.’s favorite band right now is Camera Obscura. I often hear her belting out “French Navy.”
- H. still refers to escalators as “moving stairs.”
- H. loves to do water colors with her dad after J. goes to bed.
- I get a kick out of J.’s obsession with baseball and his insistence that he sleeps with baseball cards from his dad’s youth.
- The fact that J. talks nonstop when his sister is not around to speak for him.
- I love hearing J. refer to H. as “sissy.”
Please pardon me, while to go and get more tissue….