This week, I have been working on sewing 4 new pairs of pants for Hazel to wear this fall and winter. I used the same simple pattern for all of them: Simplicity #5317. The pattern is so simple since the pants merely consist of two different pieces. To add a little life to the pants, I added a few embellishments.
I made two pair using wide-whale corduroy. For the orange pair, I created a little tree applique. I am planning to make a shirt from the same brown Denyse Schmidt fabric I used for the circle. For the other pair of cords (in a nice mauve color), I added some brown ric rac peeping out below the hem.
For the herringbone pair of pants, I added pink ribbon down the side. For the last pair, I just left them plain without any embellishments since I couldn’t decided what I wanted to add. And, in all honesty, by the time I got to these pants, I was a bit sick of sewing pants.