More projects Finished

15 Jul

It has been over a week since my last post.  I’ve been trying to use my time on the computer actually doing work related tasks. I’ve also been spending quite a bit of time trying to get my daughter’s new room ready, so we can get the nursery ready for the baby’s arrival.

Regardless, I have managed to finish a number of projects over the past week and a half.  Here they are in order of completion….

4  pairs of Saartjes booties using Rowan 4 ply. After giving the first pair I made to my new nephew, I decided to make a few more pairs. I made two pairs in solid colors the smaller size and two pairs mixing blue and brown in the larger size.  I still have more yarn in these 2 balls of Rowan 4 ply to make even more booties.  I also made a little baby hat using the leftover Cascade Superwash yarn from the Little Lambs Baby blanket. I have more of this yarn leftover too.  I’ll probably make more baby hats since there are so many little babies due.

In my days prior to having Hazel, I used to do a lot of book binding and table top print making.  I still have all the supplies left and a number of half finished projects.  I was able to makes these two books using some material I had.  I was surprised my jar of PVA glue wasn’t dried up after 2 years of not touching it. I gave one to my daughter’s day care provider since she is embarking on a long road trip.

6 more baby blankets… I cut the fabric for these last week. Now that I have had to give up our study/craft room to make room for Hazel’s new room, I’ve been sewing on the dining room table. I’ll keep some of these blankets for the new baby and give others away to friends who are due over the next few months.

The last of the Joel Dewberry fabric I have has been used.  I used a thick chocolate brown flannel for the back.

I used fabric from Amy Butler’s Lotus line, Alexander Henry’s 2-D zoo print, and another fabric I found on Repo Depot.  All three are backed with a blue and white striped flannel.

For the last two, I used fabric from Denyse Schmidt’s new Katie Jump Rope line (her Flea Market Fancy line is still my favorite) and some fun hippo fabric purchased at JoAnn’s.  Both of these are lined with green and white striped flannel fabric.  Thank goodness for online shopping!

I finally added the ribbon trim to this A-line jumper I made for Hazel a few months ago.

And lastly, I finished  this hooded cardigan from Simply Baby by Debbie Bliss.  I substituted the yarn called for in the pattern by using  7 balls of Debbie Bliss Merino  Aran I had in my stash.  This yarn was discontinued long ago. I ran out just as I was finishing the hood. So, I used some leftover yarn from a sweater I made while I was pregnant with Hazel back in 2005 (see next photo).  I love the contrasting light green with the charcoal gray.

   dscn0509.jpg

Advertisements

2 Responses to “More projects Finished”

  1. Sue October 4, 2007 at 1:49 am #

    The little dress/top looks so sweet, and I love the fabric you used. You are so talented. The hoodie looks great too.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Introducing Baby J « Night Knitter - July 2, 2009

    […] I was first put on modified bed rest, and I put a doggie patch on the back of this shirt.  The blanket was made using fabric by Alexander […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: