Since I haven’t had much free this in the evenings these past few nights for the KCWC, I’ve taken on smaller projects. H. is growing out her bangs. To help keep the hair out of her eyes, I thought I would make her some new headbands using scrap fabric. I started cutting fabric for this pattern, then I remembered this style isn’t practical for a 6 year old. Despite the exposed elastic, the finished headband is really cute, but you can’t easily pull the headbands on and off without undoing the ties in the back. Since H. readjusts her headbands throughout the day, I decided to try and make up my own pattern to suit her headband-wearing habits.
I simply added an elastic casing and trimmed down the length of the fabric used for the headband. The result was one test headband that ended up too small (the green one below). After the appropriate adjustments were made, I made two perfectly-fitted headbands for H.
H. picked out this one to wear to school today.
I think for the next round of headbands, I’ll try increasing the width of the band.