And school uniform sewing continues… This week, I’ve added 3 new items to H.’s school wardrobe. For this round of sewing, I used the Oliver and S Sailboat top, skirt, and pants pattern, heavy bottom weight twill, light blue cotton shirting fabric, and vintage buttons.
The skirt was made in size 4, but I based the length on the size 5 pattern. I hoping H. can wear this for most of the school year. For the top portion of the skirt and the kick pleat in the back, I used robin’s egg blue thread to add a bit of contrast. The navy blue vintage buttons are from my husband’s grandmother. They are just so delightful.
The shirt and pants were made in size 4. Even though I loved the contrast stitching on the skirt, I opted to match the thread for the shirt and pants hoping that J. will be able to wear these once he gets bigger.
I really liked the grooves in these light blue vintage buttons. The remind me of LPs.
This is my third time around making the sailboat top and pants. I found a minor error in the pattern which I hadn’t noticed before. When sewing the inseam, the pattern says to join the wrong facing pieces of the fabric together to stitch. Instead, it should read the right sides.