I have finally managed to sew something for J this year. I made him the Oliver and S Sailboat top (size 2) using blue and white seer sucker. I also attempted to do my first iron-on transfer. I downloaded a free race car template from the Ottobre Designs site and manipulated it using Photoshop. I flipped the image so the 4 would appear the right direction, changed the color, and increased the size. I placed the transfer so it would start on the front side of the shirt and go to the back.
The ink didn’t completely transfer very evenly, but overall, I think the shirt looks adorable. When I was doing the transfer, my iron left a light brown stain on the shirt. I’m hoping I can get this off during a washing. If not, the stain will just blend in with the rest of the inevitable stains my 21-month year old acquires during the course of the day.
I have left over fabric cut and ready to sew for a pair of sailboat pants. Hopefully, I’ll get to that next week.